Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fall 2010 Trends

So I got a new purse from Delia's in the mail today.  So I figured it would be a good time to write about the fall 2010 fashion trends I've chosen to embrace:
1)  Cross-body purses.  I started seeing these about a year ago, but they're really in full force right now.  They're definitely more casual, but soo much more comfortable and versatile, since they free up your hands and arms whenever you're walking around and sightseeing or whatever.  This is the one I got from Delia's (right).
2)  Ankle-height boots.  I'm not sure if there's a more technical name for these, but part of the reason I decided to get them is because they're much more casual and easier to slip on than the knee-high boots I have.  Knee-high boots make me seem really formal and preppy, and sometimes that's a little too much if I'm just going to class or something.  These boots I got from Payless, and they're really comfy.  They're kind of "edgy" too, which I liked.  
3) Striped shirts.  This is a really basic trend, but I think the difference is that skinny stripes and off-the-shoulder are distinctly 2010.  So I got this shirt from Delia's (left) and this shirt from Old Navy (right):
 4) Utility/military/cargo jackets.  I'm not sure what the exact name is for it, but I got mine from a GAP outlet in Atlantic City over the summer.  I just wanted a lightweight, fall jacket to throw on that would be comfortable, but also make me look more put-together than a fleece or puffy coat. (picture below).  That picture is not the exact one I have, but it's pretty close. 

Trends that I've ruled out for now:
1) Leather jackets.  I tried one on at a store recently and I almost started laughing at how funny I looked.  Maybe I just have to find the right one, but I'm guessing this is something that will never fit me and my personality.
2) Leggings.  I'll keep wearing actual pants, thank you very much.  Not everyone in NYC needs to know the exact size and shape of my lower half. 

1 comment:

  1. i'm personally not a fan of ankle-height boots; i think they look like elf boots =P . but good call on the leggings, and ditto on the leather jackets lol.

    ReplyDelete