Friday, August 6, 2010

Frisbee, Bang and Roommates

So on Wednesday I went home to Jersey for one of the last frisbee games of the summer.  Other than the unusually high humidity, it was the usual hour and a half of awesome fun.   Then we played Bang for awhile, which was kind of interesting since we had 7 people so there was some actual strategy going on.  But then I screwed up as Renegade by targeting the Sheriff instead of the Outlaws --- oops, my bad.  And then yesterday I played frisbee with some randos here, like in a field in the ghetto of West Philly (it's weird when you're driving through West Philly and you hear the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song...you almost expect Will Smith to pop out of nowhere).   And this was a really casual game of frisbee, just like 3 on 3, half the people couldn't even throw a disc and had never played before. And this one guy is wearing cleats -- which is completely unnecessary, since the grass isn't wet and it's not competitive whatsoever.  And this is one of those guys that can't control his feet -- you know how some people walk with a purpose, mindfully putting their feet down in a controlled manner, whereas some people just flop and flail all over the place?  Well this guy was the latter.  And of course he's guarding me and I do a couple fake-outs to lose him, but since he can't control his feet, he stomps on my right foot HARD, with his cleat.  And I'm out for the night.  I can barely walk since whenever I try to contract my toes, it's excruciating pain.  And then I have to drive back to my apartment, which is hard trying to press the gas pedal with a bum foot.  So I'm like crying my eyes out but of course I have to stop crying because the freaking parking valet guys are always all up in my business and they'd give me 20 questions if they saw me crying.  So I put ice on it for the rest of the night, trying to avoid going to the hospital, and I wake up this morning and it's almost all better, miraculously.  It's still a little painful to walk correctly, but I'm gonna try going to the gym today and we'll see how that goes.

In other news, my roommate from Columbia finally responded to my email! Yay!   Turns out she's already been in the apartment for a year.  Kinda weird, I feel like I'm encroaching in on her territory a bit.  But she says it's a "very nice apartment", which is awesome.  We have to figure out furniture for the common areas, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment